East TN Market Manager
Gypsy Circus Cider Company
Gypsy Circus Cider Company, with locations in Kingsport and Knoxville TN, is the Tennessee market leader in craft cider and is the most awarded craft cider in the Southeast. Gypsy Circus has a passion for delivering high-quality, fresh pressed cider using organic and natural ingredients, while bringing an innovative approach to the industry.
The East Tennessee Market Manager will be the face of outside sales in Eastern Tennessee, based out of Knoxville TN., while joining the rest of our high performing team. The Market Manager will cultivate new and strengthen existing customer relationships through regular visits and unique events. In addition, this position will need to provide after sales support to ensure customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as main sales and customer service contact for clients in East TN who have questions about products, cider education, or product availability
- Visit local and/or regional clients to maintain solid relationship with existing customers and generate opportunities with new ones
- Keep abreast of market trends through regular market visits, store visits in account base territories to understand each accounts mission, goals, display space and discover opportunities
- Assist in Marketing strategy and help identify key demographics that need targeting
- Perform administrative and office support activities, as needed
- Grow Gypsy Circus’ footprint with regional and national chain accounts (on- and off-premise) using strategies that build long-term mutually beneficial growth
- Expand Gypsy Circus’ customer base and increase placements
- Drive training programs for internal and external staffs
- Develop in-depth competitive market knowledge and intelligence to create unique opportunities for Gypsy Circus placements and programs.
- Maintain management control system for planning, directing and organizing sales and marketing activities within assigned accounts.
- Develop, implement and monitor a plan to ensure financial budget adherence
- Maintain, monitor and demonstrate competency regarding trade pricing and marketing programs in on- and off-premise
- Influence effective wholesale and retail pricing
- Communicate ads, displays, post-offs, QDs, Limited Time Offers (LTO) and in & outs to Sales team and relevant distributors. Track execution and ROI on quarterly basis
- Provide social commentary in territory
- Utilize data comprehension software/analytics such as IRI/Nielsen/VIP to seek out new growth opportunities.
- Represent Gypsy Circus at industry and chain conferences throughout Tennessee
- Perform other duties as required to support these processes
The Market Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Based out of Knoxville TN
- Distributor management experience or Cider/Beer sales experience
- Established relationship/contact base for national accounts and demonstrated track record of success in chain accounts
- Be a trusted resource for category managers, buyers and our distributor KAM’s
- Ability to travel extensively
- 3+ years of sales experience in a beer/wine and spirits/distributor environment
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have excellent organization and communication skills
- Have ability to maintain professionalism during and after the consumption of alcohol
- Comfortable with public speaking and possess excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suites, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Work with minimal supervision
- We offer a competitive compensation package based on your qualifications and sales success.
- Sales Managers have an expense account to make sure they are not out-of-pocket for appropriate sales expenses.
- In addition, all employees are eligible for the Gypsy Circus health insurance package, car options and enjoy a generous cider discount.