Retail Sales Manager
illy caffè North America, Inc.
The primary function of the Retail Sales Manager role is to generate new and accelerate existing sales of illy caffé North America retail products in Northern California. This will be encompassing all Traditional, Specialty, Natural, Housewares accounts and all accounts that the primary business is resale to the consumer. Additional functions include: distributor management and key account corporate management. This position will be responsible for developing and growing the retail business in Northern California in its entirety. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
Scope and Dimensions
- Territory includes responsibility for all stores within the Northern California region
- San Jose, SF, Monterey, Santa Rosa, East Bay, Marin, Peninsula, Sacramento (Nugget)
- Trainings at accounts for café @ retail, specialty retail, housewares etc and outside demo companies
- Developing and fostering relationships in all accounts to further our brand power
- Brand ambassador mind set for all retail accounts in the Northern California area
- illy sales manager for retail to ALL accounts in Northern California (Traditional, Specialty, Natural, Housewares, and illy cafes)
- Execute against programming calendars in conjunction with retail strategic sales timeline and KPI’s
- Work cross functionally (on behalf of illy) with SGWS Off-Premise teams to execute against KPI’s and brand strategy. Attending team meetings where they see fit and will increase share of mind with Distributor Management
- Merchandise accounts by filling shelf and racks as well as dusting, rotating product, building displays, shelf resets, distribution checks, tag maintenance and applying current POS.
- Presenting sales programs to each account and creating programs within smaller independents to accelerate and promote illy coffee.
- Visually merchandise displays and create new ideas to foster excitement at retail
- Manage and organize 3rd party demo programs
- Make strategic and new customer presentations to Retail and Housewares customers (jointly with SGWS and other retail distributors and independents as needed)
- Aid in establishing key drive periods for SGWS and all key retailers (Independents and local chains) with management teams
- Act as“illy liaison” for Southern Glazer Wine and Spirits Off Premise- Northern California
- Aid in facilitating regional trainings and sampling events for key retailers in Northern California
- Cultivate best practice tools and training materials for SGWS off-premise sales team and illy caffé N.A
Key Performance Indicators
- Execute in store case goals, displays and gold doors
- Distribution of new items, racks, POS
- Out of the box thinking for finding new places for illy retail items ( cans, Kcups, Machines etc)
- Time management along with territory management- the ability to hit all Key accounts in timely efficient manner
- Proactive approach to executing against goals and overall retail business in preplan form
- Sales presentation skills and results driven attitude on case goals, distribution of new items and racks
- Ability to communicate with key decision makers and buyers (internally and externally) on behalf of the brand and our brand story
Skills, Knowledge, Education, Experience and Other Requirements
- BA degree in business, marketing
- A Minimum of 3 years progressive sales experience selling premium goods/consumer products at retail.
- Must live in the proximity of the San Francisco / Bay area
- Strong Communication, Presentation, Planning, and Self-motivation skills are necessary
- Ability to understand and train internal and external consumers, customers and partners on the illy brand.
- Establish illy as category leader within Northern California
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both written and orally
- Strong off premise experience ,overall retail in general
- Must have creative problem solving skills.
- Individual must have the ability to be entrepreneurial and think out of the box to come up with creative solutions
- Individual must be able live the Core Values of the organization daily.
- Individual must be able to use a consultative selling approach for all sales
- Individual must be outgoing and have extreme self-motivation with ability to work autonomously
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office , all mobile App platforms
Candidates must be able to function in demanding working conditions, may be required to lift heavy objects, stand for long periods of time, maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurability.
Illy caffé North America, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)/Drug Free Workplace (DFW)