Oasis Sales & Marketing / OFB
Job Summary/Overview: The Brand Manager position will be the lead contact responsible for National Sales and Brand Management efforts for several portfolio brands. This role will partner with our clients as an extension of their team to provide a balance of long-term brand strategy and sales execution. This role requires relationship management skills for clients, retailers, distributor and brokers. High levels of organization and consistent analysis of sales/industry data will be required to create the most accurate and effective positioning for our partner brands. Completing distributor/retailer/broker paperwork and presentations may also be required within this role.
- Direct Client Interaction
- General Brand Strategy
- Pricing & Margin analysis
Conduct competitive analysis so clients understand competitive landscape.
- Help develop vision to growth. channel strategy, sku strategy, specific retailer strategy, regional strategy, etc.
- Build strong positive relationships with clients whenever opportunity avails itself, trade shows, 1 on 1 calls, sales meetings, etc. Demonstrate passion for the brand, and a willingness to go above and beyond to help create value.
- Retailer engagement at HQ & Regional levels
- Build concise & compelling retailer presentations
- Align Sales and broker teams through development of marketing and sales collateral when necessary
- Help brand develop multiple channels of sales, i.e. distribution, direct, e-commerce, foodservice, C-store, etc.
- Broker Management
- Identify best course of action for hiring brokers. Establish timelines and priorities by region.
- Pursue best broker combinations possible across various metro markets, leveraging relationships.
- Build strong positive relationships with leaders at each brokerage, as well as street level reps
- Build broker trainings, and available case stack and placement deals
- Review sales reporting to identify progress and provide feedback important to engagement and motivation.
- Distribution Management
- Identify key distributors that will succeed with client assortment. Pursue and achieve placement warehouse by warehouse, anchoring distribution with key accounts.
- Manage relationships with category manager/buyer/SRM, overcome obstacles and grow distribution.
- Inventory management
- Administrative and Analysis
- Examine and extract takeaways from syndicated data to leverage in presentation, general category trends, competitive performance, etc.
- Identify key trends, both troublesome and encouraging.
- Account analysis using distributor reports to identify and examine comparative velocities.
- Review syndicated retail sales data reports (SPINS & IRI) when appropriate.
- Report main takeaways to client
- Complete and submit retailer and distributor promotional paperwork as necessary.
- Promotion & Trade Spend
- Trade spend management
- Determine appropriate promotional schedule, fill out and submit paperwork as necessary.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Some college, High School diploma
Experience: Sales Management & Natural food products industry experience, contacts and relationships preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (Mac Options)
- Exceptional phone and people skills
- Awareness to time sensitive materials /opportunities and deadlines
- Ability to react and adapt to fast paced changes
Work Environment/Other information (travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.):
- Work in home office
- Frequent Travel Required
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org