Retail Sales Specialist
illy caffè North America, Inc
Jobs available in the following Locations:
Metro NYC area - New York
San Francisco / Bay area - California
Los Angeles / South California area - California
Do you have a passion for coffee?
illy caffè North America is looking for a Retail Sales Specialist to help our company communicate this passion! This role is essential to maintain and grow our account presence. You will be the face of illy, gaining valuable knowledge and experience and growing our brand.
The primary function of this role is to generate new and manage existing sales of illy caffé North America Retail Products. This will be encompassing all Traditional, Specialty, Natural, Housewares accounts and all accounts that the Primary Business is resale to the consumer. Additional functions include: distributor management and key account corporate management. This position will be responsible for developing and growing the retail business in the territory, in its entirety.
- Primary illy representative for retail to ALL accounts (Traditional, Specialty, Natural, and Housewares)
- Execute against Programming Calendars in conjunction with Retail Strategic Sales Timeline and KPI’s
- Work cross functionally (on behalf of illy) with SGWS Off-Premise teams to execute against KPI’s and Brand Strategy.
- Merchandise accounts by filling shelf and racks as well as dusting, rotating product, building displays, shelf resets, distribution checks, tag maintenance and applying current POS.
- Presenting programs to each account and creating programs within smaller independents to accelerate and promote illy coffee.
- Visually merchandise displays and create new ideas to foster excitement at retail
- Demo products at store level in conjunction with 3rd party demo
- Make Strategic and New Customer Presentations to Retail and Housewares customers.
- Aid in establishing key drive periods for all Key Retailers (Independents and local chains) with Management Teams
- Primary Specialist for SGWS Off Premise Events
- Aid in facilitating regional training and sampling events for Key Retailers
- Work with illy Marketing/Sales to develop launch materials and POS for on-going programming and overlays.
- Cultivate best practice tools and training materials for Retail Merchandisers and illy caffé N.A
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Execute in store case goals, displays and gold doors
- Distribution of new items, racks, POS
- Out of the box thinking for finding new places for illy retail items (Cans, K-cups, Machines, etc.)
- Time management along with territory management- the ability to hit all Key accounts in timely efficient manner
- Proactive approach to executing against goals and overall Retail business in pre-plan form
- Sales presentation skills and results driven attitude on case goals, distribution of new items and racks
- Ability to communicate with key decision makers and buyers (internally and externally) on behalf of the brand and our brand story
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Other Requirements:
- A Minimum of 2yrs progressive Merchandising experience
- 1-2yrs experience selling premium goods/consumer products at retail
- Must live in proximity of the territory locations
- Strong Communication, Presentation, Planning, and Forecasting skills are necessary
- Ability to understand and train internal and external consumers, customers and partners on the illy brand.
- Establish illy as category leader
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both written and orally
- Must have creative problem solving skills.
- Individual must have the ability to be entrepreneurial and think out of the box to come up with creative solutions
- Individual must be able live the Core Values of the organization daily.
- Individual must be able to use a consultative selling approach for all sales
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
illy caffè North America, headquartered in Rye Brook, NY, manages wholly-owned and operated illy coffee and retail shops in addition to franchise shops throughout the U.S. and Canada.
As a worldwide leader in the high quality coffee segment, illy is known for its distinctly balanced and beautiful taste. The company is steeped in art and innovation, a respected heritage that permeates a wide range of products including roasted coffee, illy Art Collection cups, and espresso machines sold at cafes, hotels, and restaurants, and for home purchase in retail stores and online.
illy’s global café concept features a warm atmosphere taking inspiration from art, Italian design, and style. Our concept attracts coffee lovers who are well-traveled professionals, seeking a premium and extraordinary experience. Guests are welcomed by modern and elegant décor with an offering of premium quality European-influenced savory and sweet food, freshly prepared in-house, creating an authentic experience of inspiration and pleasure.
With more than 230 stores in 43 countries worldwide, the North America market is poised to build on its current base of 20 illy caffès and retail shops which are located within top hotel brands, international airports, high-end retail malls, and first-rate office buildings. This fast growing and dynamic business is seeking experienced food and beverage professionals from premium brands to join its expanding retail team. illy’s entrepreneurial corporate culture is based on a shared passion for quality, trust and respect, teamwork, empowerment and innovation.
To learn more visit illy.com.
Candidates must be able to function in demanding working conditions, may be required to lift heavy objects, stand for long periods of time, maintain a valid driver license, and provide proof of insurability.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)/Drug Free Workplace (DFW)