General Manager: Tasting Room Restaurant
Blake's Hard Cider Co.
Are you an experience restaurant manager that is looking for a growing opportunity? This might be what you’re looking for!
Blake’s Hard Cider Co is looking to grow our tasting room team by adding an experience General Manager! The Tasting Room General Manager (GM) is responsible for managing all aspects of the Tasting Room. The GM supervises and motivates the staff of the room including cooks, servers and bartenders, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. Plans and schedules staff coverage, building sales and maintaining profitability. Performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service and establishes and maintains effective communication with senior management and customers, including participation in the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Leadership Team meetings. The GM is responsible for the effective and efficient planning, staffing, and scheduling of all open hour periods, off-site sales and creation of special activities to enhance business. This position requires that the GM be responsible for the P&L of the Tasting Room and meets all financial and budgetary goals.
As the GM, you are accountable for meeting the company’s sales and marketing goals for the Tasting Room as well as playing a key role in supporting your Leadership Teammates in meeting the Company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals. You are responsible for leading your team in supporting the Company’s vision and mission. Because you are selling to our customers, you are in a position to influence their satisfaction and our Company’s perception in the market, thus this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Check out our story and a few of our awesome videos at www.blakeshardcider.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Here is a sample of some roles and duties that may be assigned:
- Develops, coordinates, and controls all sales and marketing activities of the Tasting Room to produce the targeted sales and profit goals of the Company.
- Ensures that all company transactions are done in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Settles all customer complaints at this level and seeks guidance of the President as required.
- Stays current on the events in the industry and market place to take advantage of new trends.
- Follows all instructions (written and verbal) as given by the President.
- Identifies KPI’s (key performance indicators) or metrics and coordinates reporting requirements with accounting personnel.
- Interacts with customers to ensure their satisfaction with the Company’s products and services and promotes off-site sales.
- Meets regularly with subordinates to ensure proper information flow and adherence to stated Company goals and objectives.
- Reviews all sales activity reports with key people regularly but in no case less than weekly.
- Ensures that an accurate recording system for all transactions is maintained.
- Track and maintain sales team’s operating budget.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews on or before the applicable due date(s) for all personnel reporting to this position.
- Attends all required Leadership Team meetings.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Supervise the servers, cooks and bartenders to effectively schedule and prioritize Tasting Room hours and when necessary, reorganize to meet special Room activities.
- Ensures all employees comply with company customer contact standards.
- Communicate effectively with the President of the Hard Cider Company, and the Tasting Room Team, regularly to ensure that sales and customer objectives are met.
- Follow policies and procedures outlined in the company operating manuals.
- Develop a specific Tasting Room Operating Manual that can be used to operate Tasting Rooms in other locations.
- Identify other locations with the President to develop additional Tasting Rooms and oversee those operations as well.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with Restaurant or Tavern experience
- Prior experience and ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a tasting room / restaurant operation with a minimum of ten or more employees in the operation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run a similar establishment in an efficient manner
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of food and drink costs and pricing
- Ability to deal effectively with customers in person and on the telephone
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Marketing and Sales
- Able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to lift & move at least 75 pounds at a time on a regular basis, preferable 150 pounds (1/2 barrel full weight)
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- Weekend and night work is required
- Ability to work safely in an active restaurant environment
- Have a natural teaching ability and outgoing personality
To apply, please email your resume AND cover letter to HR @ blakefarms.com. Please title your email “Experienced Tasting Room Manager” and write a few sentences on why you think you’d be a good fit here at Blake’s Hard Cider! We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.