NYC Sales and Business Development Manager
The Sales and Business Development Manager role is focused primarily on developing customer relationships with and selling Coppersea products in a specific territory, and secondarily on more traditional marketing and brand development functions.
There will be a period of training around our goals, marketing touchstones, products, “heritage-methods” production techniques, and brand, after which the Manager will be expected to take on full responsibility for the role.
Coppersea works with Blueprint Brands as our distributor in New York City and the surrounding area, and the Manager will work closely with Blueprint’s field team to identify specific accounts to target and support. Although New York City is the principal territory of responsibility, the Sales Manager may be called upon to participate in branding and marketing activities in other geographies.
This role has flexibility in terms of hours with a significant portion of salary dependent on performance bonuses.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with Coppersea staff.
- Understanding of sales and marketing processes.
- Knowledge of the retail spirits, bar, cocktail lounge and restaurant markets in NYC.
- Some knowledge of distilling technologies.
- Knowledge of whisky styles & brands.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, bartenders, media, etc.
- Passion for craft food & drink
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to help build a business from the ground-up
Areas of responsibility include:
- Sales & Business Development
- Manage Coppersea’s existing network of over 300 accounts.
- Develop a target list of NYC and regional sales locations attuned to Coppersea’s marketing goals including:
- Cocktail Bars & Lounges
- Hotel bars /lobby bars
- “Off-Premise” Retail Venues (Wine & Spirit stores)
- Drive Coppersea sales at those venues
- Staff presentations & trainings
- Follow-up and service existing clients.
- Direct Marketing
- Find creative ways to build & extend Coppersea’s brand at low cost (“Guerilla marketing”) or affinity marketing opportunities.
- Event planning & marketing
- Participation in appropriate events (primarily trade focused)
- Creation of Coppersea-specific events
- In-store tastings (off-premise)
- On-site customer engagement (on-premise)
- Indirect Marketing & Social Media
- Develop content aligned with Coppersea’s brand
- Identify targeted channels for trade/consumer audiences
- Help maintain & build Coppersea’s social media following
- Develop & execute targeted internet campaigns, tracking engagement, response rates, RoI, etc.