Senior Shopper Marketing Manager
Bulletproof is an omni-channel content driven consumer products company. Our vision is to tap into the unlimited power of being human and we do this by holding true to our mission of creating products and providing information that radically improve lives. Bulletproof helps people live better by providing information and products that help them use fat for fuel, say goodbye to sugar and supercharge mitochondria increasing their energy.
Bulletproof has a team of experienced entrepreneurs and biohackers working to make high performance a daily reality for everyone on the planet. While our culture is casual and our workplace flexible, the team is passionate, customer driven, meaningfully connected, smart, and results focused.
Our customers know that our coffee, beverages, food, and supplements are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them. Environmentally conscious and ethically sourced products build a sustainable foundation for future generations to thrive. Bulletproof coffee has developed a cult following across the nation as a drink that provides sustained energy, while also programming your body to burn fat for energy. In addition to providing convenient access to products through eCommerce, brick and mortar retail stores (e.g. Whole Foods Market) and Bulletproof Cafes, Bulletproof has developed a specialized diet, which is based on eating high amounts of healthy fats, moderate amounts of high-quality protein, and tons of organic vegetables eaten at the right time in order to create unbelievable levels of energy and weight loss.
Bulletproof is seeking a results driven Senior Shopper Marketing Manager who thrives in a fast paced work environment. This position contributes to Bulletproof success by being accountable to drive shipments, share and equity (by owning the development) and execution of holistic shopper marketing plans in the CPG channel. Such holistic plans will enable us to deliver our largest business opportunities with the customer while simultaneously building the brand equities of both Bulletproof and the CPG account.
- Owns the development and execution of holistic & equity building marketing plans at the CPG customer that help deliver our business goals
- Collaborates closely with sales, product category leaders, digital, and cafes to support business opportunities at the CPG customer to include new item initiatives, merchandising planning, category reviews, joint business planning etc.
- Set clear and specific executional (assortment, merchandising, pricing and shelving) objectives
- Manages the shopper marketing budget
- Owns the marketing relationship with core retail customers
- Partners closely with Digital and Product Marketing as well as outside agencies to collaborate on creative deliverables and strategic promotions
- Participate in demand planning meetings to be in the loop on forecasts (especially new product demand) to understand how plans and targets will change
- Can engage and influence all interested parties when it comes to Shopper Marketing and increases reliance on shopper based plans as a critical tool for decision making
- Work with product and brand teams to develop brand story, including what shopper cares about
- Has a deep knowledge of the CPG customer’s business and priorities, their key shopper segments, and assets i.e.) loyalty cards, programs. Leverages this knowledge and integrates this information with Bulletproof priorities and assets
- Acts as the primary voice on relevant CPG customer marketing needs and opportunities
- Effective and influential when calling on the CPG customer- maintaining strong communication and negotiation skills
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results
- Understand competitive landscape, provide business with context and what is happening in the market
- 8-10 years of CPG company shopper marketing experience
- At least 2 years of experience developing shopper marketing plans for Natural/Organic customers including conventional/cross-over customers
- People management experience
- Experience developing regional plans to support account-based marketing
- Analytical capacity to understand data, performance, patterns, and trends
- Demonstrated ability to build highly effective working relationships with sales and marketing
- A rolodex of influential customers and community members to leverage for our business
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage through multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and “can-do” attitude
- Bachelor's Degree with a Marketing or Business focus preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for all Bulletproof employees:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
This is a full-time position based in the Seattle area. Maximum fun, maximum knowledge, and maximum performance are a part of the job description, and you’ll get to work with the team on a regular basis to upgrade your game, your mental performance, and your life. This is a great opportunity to grow with a company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?