The Living Apothecary
The right candidate will be excited to learn our tea making process and how it fits into the magic that goes into our finished Organic Probiotic Teas. We have 8 different flavors and in our processing room, there is always something happening. Whether it’s weighing, blending, steeping or filtering organic, high-quality loose leaf tea combinations, or ensuring all QA logs are filled out, to being our master taste tester and ensuring product meets our quality standards, this position will definitely keep you engaged and learning!
- Learning our tea making process from beginning to end.
- Working with large batches of tea in kettles and ensuring every ingredient is weighted and logged properly.
- Following steeping and filtering procedures and playing “mad scientist” in terms of keeping temperature, pH, Brix logs to ensure the product is consistent.
- Having a great palate and being able to taste the nuances of each flavor to ensure every batch is delicious!
- Following GMPs.
- Follow SOP, SSOPs, and foods safety and quality guidelines.
- Assist in tracking raw material and ingredient inventory for tea processing.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of tea production records.
- Keeping track of all incoming orders and helping schedule weekly production to ensure enough tea is made for bottling days.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of tea processing room prior to start up and close.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Responsible for ensuring process Critical Control Points (CCPs) are completed, monitored and recorded.
- Verify cleaning practices and ATP swabs.
- Verify tea work orders and bottling work orders are accurate and in use.
- Must follow GMPs and SOPs at all times
- Notify supervisor or manager of any production down time, equipment breakdowns, quality and food safety issues/concerns
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- HACCP Certification
- 1-3 Years Manufacturing Experience
- GMP knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Brewing or fermentation background
Compensation based on experience