Sales Center Manager
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country
Coca-Cola is the world’s largest beverage distribution company and has been refreshing the world for over 125 years. Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country is a family-owned independent Bottler where we view you as the heart and soul of our company and strive to improve the quality of life in each community we serve.
We care for our employees and want you to enjoy life. As a benefit, Coca-Cola High Country offers 100% coverage options for health, dental and basic life insurance plans.
Aside from fostering an environment for growth and development with Coca-Cola High Country, we want to help you prepare for the future. In addition to our other benefits, we offer a strong 401k plan with a company match along with other supplemental benefits to help secure you and your family’s future. Are you ready to Refresh Your Career?
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply at: http://coca-colahighcountry.com/careers/
As part of the Coca-Cola Bottling Company High Country leadership team, the Sales Center Manager directs and coordinates all sales, delivery, merchandising, warehousing, cooler service, safety and fleet activities for the sales center. The Sales Center Manager has direct management and leadership responsibility for the sales center staff and is responsible for the direction, execution and proper reporting of outcomes to the appropriate levels of management to ensure expected revenue, volume and operating expense goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and mentor team to achieve a high performance, team-oriented environment.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop all team members.
- Work with management team to continuously foster a positive work environment, implement employee incentive programs and establish the organization as a premier employer.
- Ensure superior customer service and foster a customer service environment.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Grow revenue through volume and net pricing
- Grow gross profit through product mix, reduced cost of goods, volume, and net pricing.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Direct sales forecasting activities, set performance goals according to CCBCHC goals and objectives.
- Direct responsibility for managing and controlling Cost of Goods for the sales center through precautions to secure warehouse contents against loss, inventory control and inventory evaluation.
- Manage annual departmental operating budget, control expenses effectively, and provide explanation of budget variances to management.
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, quotas, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in all accounts.
- Ensure safety by establishing behaviors that ensure a safe working environment is provided and ensure employees are trained on safe working techniques in the trade.
- Responsible for maintaining the safety and integrity of all vehicles within the company’s fleet system, including ensuring all required vehicle checks are done in a timely manner.
- Work with managers to review vehicle needs and make necessary adjustments to ensure operation of all departments without interruption.
- Perform required vehicle checks.
- Manage utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On-time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business or 3-5 years outside sales experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Margin Minder (or comparable program) preferred.
- Proven track record of building and retaining business through selling, account management and excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to build accounts through cold calling, lead generation, professional presentation style and negotiating and closing deals.
- Above-average math skills and ability to figure profits, margins, retails, and financials are critical to managing this business.
- Class A CDL preferred. May be required in some locations.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
- Delegation – Ability to delegate work, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
- Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
- Knowledge of all Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Vehicle Carrier regulations.
- Ability to lead and drive sustainable change through employee engagement.
- Effective team facilitation.
- Presentation skills.
- Training skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Knowledge of the business & industry.
- Understand modern management theories.
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
- Work in an office environment; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; may utilize a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or seminars.
This position description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol & Drug-Free Workplace.