Packaging Line Lead
Victory Brewing Company
Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry. Victory Brewing Company was founded in 1996 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Victory has been recognized in the industry for innovation in craft brewing, and is committed to producing the highest quality product.
What an exciting time to join the team at Victory Brewing Company! With the opening of our Charlotte location with our friends at Southern Tier Brewing Company & Sixpoint Brewing, the opportunities here are limitless. Becoming a member of the VBC team means you’re joining a truly unique and progressing organization that values the employees’ enthusiasm, commitment, and desire to work with others.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
As a member of Packaging Team, Packaging Leads are responsible for running a packaging line during a shift. They ensure the product quality and efficiency, product while driving drive continuous improvement. Packaging Leads will provide direction and leadership to the Packaging Assistants who are assigned to their line. This job requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support department goals and objectives.
- Responsible for daily operation of packaging lines- either kegging, bottling, or canning line fillers, cleaning equipment and perform in accordance with SOPs and specifications.
- Keeping the lines running, e.g. keeps bottle filler/labeler in production and providing direction/support for the packaging assistants assigned to the line.
- Loading of packaging material, clearing jams, resetting faults.
- Basic changeovers for different container size and formats
- Perform line quality checks and escalate deviations from expected results.
- Maintaining area GMP’s.
- Complete basic preventative maintenance (e.g. lubrication, observation, etc.) and enter corrective work order requests into eMaint (CMMS).
- Conformance to all area LOTO and safety procedures, including wearing of PPE and reporting any safety hazards.
- Report safety incidents immediately to the shift supervisor or designate.
- Positive Can-Do Attitude
- Drive for Results
- Manual dexterity
- Action Oriented
- Embracing a process of teamwork and continuous Improvement
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving skills
- Capable of understand how beer filling and labeling equipment works
- Safety & safe work practices
- Knowledge of food safety, GMP’s, HACCP
- Manufacturing operational experience
- Previous food and beverage packaging experience a plus
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30lbs. from ground level and should also be able to move 165lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another. Candidate should be physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl.
Alcohol Responsibility – The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the company, but of the alcohol beverage industry. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of the company or its affiliates. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by means of disciplinary action up to and including termination.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over Packaging Line Assistants in their assigned area.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Victory Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer