Craft Spirits Portfolio Manager
Durham Distillery + Great Wagon Road Distilling Co
Close your eyes and take three deep breaths. Thanks. Now you are a bit more centered.
If you delight in freedom, enjoy challenges, are respectful yet innovative, confident and humble, have an inherent growth mindset, are fearless, passionate, and value integrity over all, then the position of Regional Market General Manager for Great Wagon Road and Durham Distillery's spirits' portfolios could be your next adventure.
Our Regional Market General Managers are the focused leaders we require to grow our spirits portfolio in the exciting and frenetic adventure of the craft spirits industry. As a Regional Market General Manager of our business, you will oversee the day to day growth, key account development and management of our brands in your market. Some days are smooth sailing and some days are rough waters, but you will need to remain calm and collected in the midst of it – all while enjoying the ride.
Being a part of the craft spirits industry right now is an amazing opportunity, but we are very honest and realistic about the hard work that is necessary. The best part is that you are joining a portfolio of craft spirits where all of our liquid is award winning, so you can focus immediately on selling products you’re proud of and companies you will enjoy speaking about too.
We believe in following our passions. Be prepared to work hard and let your passions light the way.
We believe in our convictions, have faith in our dreams and aren’t afraid of taking risks to get the most out of life.
We produce high-quality spirits from high-quality ingredients. We do not take short-cuts. We are proud of our spirits, where we source our ingredients, how we treat our team and our distilling processes. Making premium spirits isn’t for the part-time enthusiast or faint of heart, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Who You Are
- You are excellent at influencing people and able to work in tight partnership with the local broker/distributor teams to make your specified territory a key growth market for the brands you represent.
- You perform very well under pressure, can balance multiple things on your plate at once, and constantly re-prioritize tasks as needed.
- You have a positive attitude when faced with challenges, and have a warm, supportive, and enthusiastic mentality when interacting with everyone you encounter.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment, and are ready to wear multiple hats as needed.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are motivated by creating opportunities, seeking out new ways to develop relationships with consumers and trade, and enjoy the successes of building brands that consumers will embrace
About the Role
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to influencer brand strategy alignment and deliver excellence in execution
- Deliver against tasked Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets
- Seek out and leverage strategic community, charitable and trade partnerships to maximize the value of our participation in events, conferences and community engagements.
- Support our team of passionate, motivated part-time event specialists and provide the resources for them to succeed in their role on-the-ground at retail and with event execution
- Work closely with internal team and local broker/distributor sales teams to establish and implement successful event and marketing programs
- Identify and nurture relationships with key market influencers
- Generate reports, event lists/calendars and status spreadsheets as required
- Track, order and maintain product, event tools and assets inventory
- Attend required training sessions. Participate in all brand training events. Maintain any formal certifications on product/system knowledge as assigned.
- Routinely participate in broker/distributor meetings.
- Assist in the analysis of sales and market/territory data used to provide consultation and/or correction for under-performing markets.
- Assist in identifying growth opportunities for sales and marketing initiatives.
- Proactively learn to effectively understand and appropriately communicate competitive products, market trends, and pertinent technologies.
- Assist broker/distributor representatives with the selling-in off-premise and on-premise programs
- Forge synergy by maintaining effective business relationships at all levels with a team-based culture of inclusion.
- Use rigid ethical considerations to guide decisions and act in accordance with brand values.
- Build and maintain long-term trusting relationships with targeted store associates and management
- Maintain consistent and highly visible presence in designated retail stores within assigned territory.
- Create and maintain consistent store visit schedule and input into database.
- Ensure product look and display meets current programming and overall appearance and is above presentation standards
- Build and maintain long-term trusting relationships with targeted key on-premise accounts
- Increase distribution of brands into targeted accounts
- Sell in drink menu placements, features, draft cocktails and into accounts
- Perform consumer promotions/activations to support new drink menu placements, features, and draft cocktail programs
- Educate and train bar staff on brand pillars and programs
- Track and measure accomplishments
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience within the alcoholic beverage industry. Marketing, promotion, event management and/or sales merchandising experience will also be considered
- Track record of building strong, effective relationships, both internal and external. Strong connection to local market is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers, brokers and customers
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint including use of tablets
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and matrixed organization
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. and operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be regularly available nights and weekends for execution of market events and team activities
- Must be 21+
- Must be eligible to work in the United States