Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic sales administrator with 2-5 years of relevant experience to support our national Sales team. The sales administrator communicates frequently with customers via phone and email to ensure we are executing orders effectively and customers are satisfied with our products and level of service. The individual also provides administrative support to the Sales team and collaborates with members of the Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to fine tune sales operations.
Prior experience with a consumer goods company and customer service experience are required. The ideal candidate has worked with grocery retailers, distributors, and/or the food service industry and has experience in the natural and organic food industry and/or health and wellness.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or with fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Reach out to customers daily to ensure orders are placed accurately and on time. Field calls and emails related to sales orders. Follow up with existing and prospective customers in response to inquiries. Enter orders into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and track customer data using CRM tools.
- Create and manage weekly sales reports, oversee administration of trade planners, develop merchandising/product demonstration reports, and conduct other sales operations-related tasks in close collaboration with other members of the Sales team.
- Deliver excellent customer service and serve as a sales liaison to Supply Chain/Logistics teams.
- Provide sales support and pursue opportunities to expand sales through existing customers and new prospects.
- Set up and manage paper and electronic filing systems; record information; update paperwork; and maintain documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a consumer goods company, ideally working in the capacity of grocery retail and wholesale distribution; prior experience the natural and organic food industry and/or consumer health and wellness is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience in customer service.
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills, experience in MS Office, and proficiency in Excel.
- An extroverted personality with a “can do” attitude.
- Great multitasking abilities.
- Prior knowledge working in ERP or inventory management systems is a plus.
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be impeccably organized and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is a global pioneer in the field of urban agriculture and a leading producer of year-round, hyper-local produce and fresh food products. The company provides its retail, restaurant, and institutional customers with produce grown under the highest standards of food safety and environmental sustainability. Gotham Greens has built and operates four greenhouse facilities spanning over 170,000 sq. ft. in New York City and Chicago and is expanding. Gotham Greens was founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY.
We are farmers who live in apartments. Our team is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create a work environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative.
Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.