VP of Sales
Who We Are:
Better Booch is one of the fastest growing Kombucha brands in the country and by far the best tasting! We currently hold top selling positions at locations like Whole Foods and Sprouts in our region, while also ranked in the top 20 Kombucha brands nationally, despite only currently being sold in a few states. We are looking for an experienced professional that shares our core values: to Create, Cultivate and Cure. We strive to create great products while cultivating a healthy community and contributing to non-toxic cancer treatment research along the way.
Better Booch is comprised of hardworking, knowledgable, creative and vibrant individuals who truly have a passion for what they do. We believe that when our team is aligned on the right goals, anything is possible. Age old brand building and time-tested street smarts are what keep us grounded and humble, while technology and a methodical attention to detail keep us relevant and innovative.
As our VP of Sales, you will be responsible to lead our sales department and our company achieve its sales objectives. You will grow and maintain strong business relationships with our major chain customers throughout our distribution footprint.
This is to be accomplished by creating innovative and practical programs and products to increase brand awareness and distribution in the retail marketplace. The position will involve working closely with our sales managers and directors. You will deliver results leveraging analytics and insights, execute best in class, consistent and concise communication, collaborate with fellow Better Booch team members to create shopper-driven programming and deliver long-term sustainable growth throughout diverse markets.
This is a full-time role based in our Los Angeles HQ that will require occasional travel.
- Identify and develop chain customers such as supermarkets, convenience stores, club stores, and restaurants.
- Develop sales programs, including placement, promotions, and partnerships with key customers and adjacent brands
- Develop effective sales materials to gain initial placement
- Conceive and execute Point of Sale strategies to maximize visibility and consumer sales in-store
- Achieve and maintain excellence in placement and presentation at retail store locations
- Follow up with Store Managers to ensure customer satisfaction, and/or uncover opportunities
- Develop customer tracking, sales progression, and goal/progress reporting
- Continuously drive sales growth by providing training & support, clearly defined goals, and accountability of all team members
- Provides constructive feedback to team on product placement and negotiation of desired shelf space.
- In conjunction with marketing, develop and execute promotional activities throughout the customer base to increase brand awareness, customer engagement and increased sales
- Fosters creative environment to provide for fresh and innovative store level initiatives
- Support the Company’s strategic growth initiatives by maximizing sales execution initiatives within our Direct Store Delivery framework
- Promote the brand consistently and on a timely basis throughout the entire region to distributors and direct customers.
- Keep track of and report all competitive activity and market changes
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within agreed budget and time parameters.
- Other duties as assigned.
3+ years in the CPG space (Beverage preferred) as a Sales Director or higher
Compensation determined by prior experience
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: $200 Employer contribution
- Eligible for Dental, Vision
- Free Kombucha samples! :)