Senior Brand Development Manager
(Senior) Brand Development Manager
We are Deep Foods. If you’re Indian-American, we are your trusted mega brand with 800 SKUS sold in the ethnic channel, and the owner of the new indikitch chain of restaurants. If you’re not, you and your peers probably haven’t seen or heard of us much yet. We’re on a mission to change that, starting with the early stage Tandoor Chef® frozen brand we’ve been selling in the mainstream natural, conventional, and eCommerce channels. We are embarking on an ambitious plan to scale the mainstream business with new go-to-market plans, new branding, and a new team, and the timing could not better with millennial actively seeking authentic ethnic experiences.
We are seeking a brand or senior brand development manager to join our team and lead our product innovation and renovation plans and execution as well as our business model optimization. Our ideal candidate will have significant energy, tenacity, passion for food, and both classical CPG training and growth brand experience.
The potential is endless with our 800 SKU pipeline, our unrivaled product quality, and the platform brand we’re just starting to build. We need the right partner who is a self-starter, has a passion for growing brands, and has a demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations with limited resources, create strategic plans, and execute with agility to drive revenue and profitability.
Deep Foods, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For consideration, please send us your resume as well as a brief cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications.
- Ownership of short, medium and long-term innovation and renovation pipeline development plan including where/when to play and right to win
- Cross-functional innovation and renovation team leadership
- Execution from concept through launch, including concept (re)development, naming and packaging
- Customer marketing and trade story development
- Product forecasts, timelines, financials and budgets
- E commerce and brick and mortar business models analysis, recommended plans and implementation
- Pricing/sizing/promotional analysis and strategy to optimize revenue and profitability
- Portfolio management plans and execution to optimize revenue and profitability
- BA/BS; MBA preferred
- 2-5 years post MBA or equivalent experience in CPG brand management, preferably with emerging brand experience
- Experience motivating and leading cross-functional teams and agencies without formal authority
- Aptitude using the Microsoft Office suite, SPINs and IRI
- Strong forecasting, budgeting and analytical ability
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Located in our Union, NJ (metro NYC) headquarters, reporting to our Executive Director, Sales & Marketing
- Travel up to 15%
About Deep Foods
Deep Foods is the leader in Indian cuisine in North America with global operations in India and Australia. Since 1977, we have been devoted to one simple purpose: to share all of India through made-from-scratch, authentically crafted food and drinks. As a family-owned-and-operated company, it’s our mission that our food not only taste good but also do good. That’s why every purchase of our products benefits the Deepkiran Foundation, which helps provide access to education for underprivileged children in rural India.