Junior Regional Sales Manager - West Coast
Cape Classics Wine Importer
Junior Regional Sales Manager – West Coast
- Location: CA, AZ, OR, WA
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director National Accounts West
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Transportation and Communication Allowance
Cape Classics is looking for a dynamic and energetic sales specialist to join our team as a Sales Representative for CA, AZ, OR, and WA. The candidate will ideally be based in Southern California. The position will be concentrated on growing both volume and distribution of our portfolio of South African and French wines.
We are looking for someone who can execute the monthly and annual sales goals for the region via these channels:
- Continually be in the market/on the street fostering current relationships and sculpting new ones to drive sales.
- Engage and motivate our distributor partners to meet or exceed their mutually agreed-upon annual/quarterly goals.
- Utilize existing connections with key retail partners and buyers to develop business.
- Schedule and conduct any and all in-store tastings, staff trainings, distributor and winemaker workwiths, and other trade/consumer event (wine dinner/in store tastings, e.g.) planning and execution.
- Using our internal data and software systems, strategically target accounts to grow or regain business.
- In time, provide input towards smart and effective pricing, incentives and deals with our operations and finance teams, and help manage regional budgets accordingly.
What You Need to Join our Family:
We are looking for someone with some adult beverage sales experience who is resilient, has tenacity and patience, as well as a strong ability to ‘find a way’ - and do it with sincerity and a smile.
To join our team, the qualified candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree, and live in Southern California. Candidates should be an enthusiastic beacon of professionalism and service to all customers (from distributor to trade to consumer), possess outstanding organizational abilities, sales skills (negotiating and closing in particular), exemplary listening skills, strong written and verbal communication, and have an open-minded approach to learning. A passion for wine/wine industry or travel is a plus.
You need to be comfortable working when your customers need you to – which could include late nights, early mornings, weekend or holidays as necessary to support sales. There is a significant amount of travel associated with this role, as the job requires face time with distributors, trade and consumers throughout your region.
You must be able to maintain your sobriety and professionalism while working in environments where others may not be, and a clean driving record and a car is essential.
Salary commensurate with experience. References required.