Technical Sales Manager
Parabel USA Inc.
The Technical Sales Manager manages the customer sales cycle and engagement of customers in multiple segments and channels, including identification of target customers and account planning, initial customer introductions and presentations, leveraging company resources (technical, marketing, regulatory, etc.) to facilitate customer projects, negotiating and finalizing customer contracts, and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the process, as well as being responsible for all aspects of the relationship with relevant intermediaries, supply chain partners and other stake holders.
In order to maintain premium pricing on technical ingredient solutions and position the Company as a long-term nutrition partner, the Technical Sales Manager must be skilled in providing technical guidance (across multiple food industry market segments) and in utilizing resources in support of team-based, collaborative selling. The candidate must have the technical acumen to understand nutrition and food science research as well as partnership opportunities with the Company’s strategic accounts. All of the requirements and duties within are included but not limited to the outlined details and job requirements may differ from time to time based upon the needs of the manager and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identification of Target Accounts/Prospecting: To identify target customers in designated market segments, qualify targets and establish plans for attaining business with identified target customers, cultivate prospective customers, and make introductions appropriate with the Company’s goals.
- Develop and Communicate with Customers: Skillfully and professionally communicate pertinent information about Company’s products to targeted customers. Communicate internally, specific and general information as it pertains to overall prospect and customer needs.
- Market and Competitive Intelligence: Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the food ingredient market and the competitive environment to facilitate sales efforts and to keep other Company staff informed of changes and developments in the market.
- Sales: Professionally and profitably sell company products and services as defined by the Company’s goals.
- Develop Effective Interdepartmental Relationships: Maintain a productive and effective relationship with all members of the Company staff, as well as relevant distributors, consultants and affiliates, to ensure clear and rapid flow of information and customer and prospect satisfaction.
- Administrative and Reporting: Manage administrative activities in a timely and cost efficient manner as it relates to travel, expense reports, general report writing, and other matters.
- Responsible for reporting all potential Food Safety issues to Quality Assurance or other personnel with the responsibility to initiate action.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all company policies and safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, agricultural sciences, business, marketing or related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in food, agribusiness or specialty ingredients, with at least two years managing sales of premium, nutritional specialty food ingredients.
- Proven ability to explain and sell specialty ingredients or technical products to multiple contacts (marketing, R&D and purchasing). Successful experience managing an extended sales/project process required.
- Strong technical nutrition or food science experience required.
- Significant understanding of and contacts in food and beverage markets.
- Excellent strategic thinker, capable of contributing to longer term planning as requested.
- High energy and aggressive personality, and interested in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects or tasks at one time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills - Microsoft Office programs. Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Ability to travel frequently (50%).