Regional (Northern California) Sales Representative
In a chocolate world that seems focused on following the next “trend” to make a quick buck, Charles Chocolates stands steadfast in our dedication to using the best available ingredients and techniques to their fullest potential, without anything artificial or fake, ever. As result of our dedication to product first, Charles Chocolates is one of the most acclaimed and award-winning lines of small batch artisan chocolates in the country.
The successful candidate will join the Charles Chocolates team with the responsibility of generating new business, increasing revenue with existing business, and growing overall market share in the N. California territory. The Sales Representative will have complete ownership of the N. California sales territory.
Key job components:
- Increase revenue with existing accounts in the territory and aggressively pursue new business development opportunities.
- Quickly and accurately qualify all incoming leads and follow up accordingly. Seek new selling opportunities in the territory and close new business.
- Attend customer meetings, trade shows, conferences, and in-store promotions.
- Make frequent contact and in-person visits to existing and prospective customers.
- Work directly with the National Sales Manager to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Track record of being highly customer focused and building and maintaining excellent relationships
- Exhibit working knowledge of industry trends and competition
- Strong oral, written, and presentation/public speaking skills
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota and developing and managing a consistent sales pipeline
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience; food industry sales experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to travel - minimum 50% of the time
- Clean driving record and vehicle in good working condition
Charles Chocolates is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.