National Sales Manager
In a chocolate world that seems focused on following the next “trend” to make a quick buck, Charles Chocolates stands steadfast in our dedication to using the best available ingredients and techniques to their fullest potential, without anything artificial or fake, ever. As result of our dedication to product first, Charles Chocolates is one of the most acclaimed and award-winning lines of small batch artisan chocolates in the country.
The successful candidate will join the Charles Chocolates team with the responsibility of both strategy and execution for key performance indicators of revenue dollars, growth rate, and channel development and growth.
This critical role will be part of a leadership team that is focused on delivering against the company’s short- and long-term goals. This person must be a self-starter who has a proven track record of building strong relationships inside and outside of the company and must be experienced in building and developing a sales team.
Key job components:
- Sales goals – Set annual goals and objectives, execute, and deliver against those plans to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Growth – Identify prospective wholesale partners across a variety of channels, adding new, appropriate business, and manage those relationships to benefit revenue and profitability.
- Distributor management – Gain knowledge of each distributor’s operations, assist distributors in growing the brand to meet/exceed goals.
- Sales reports analysis – Obtain and review monthly sales reports to assess performance vs. sales goals and distribution objectives.
- Track record of being highly customer focused and building and maintaining excellent relationships
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competition
- Superior oral, written, and presentation/public speaking skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects against deadlines
- Provide exceptional management of regional sales reps
- Minimum 4 years of sales experience
- Food industry sales experience is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to travel - maximum 50% of the time
- Clean driving record and vehicle in good working condition
Charles Chocolates is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.