Angel of the Winds Casino Resort
At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino and Hotel we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
- Perform daily duties including but not limited to: CIP, Grain Milling, Operating Brew House, Wort Transfers, and Yeast Pitching. Fermentation Monitoring, Filtration, General Cleaning, and Beer tasting.
- Oversee brewing, recipe formulation, and quality control.
- Maintain supply and ingredient ordering.
- Train and coach all brew techs within the brewing facility.
- Manage production schedule.
- Maintaining barrel cleaning and filtering.
- Perform minor preventative maintenance tasks to ensure a smooth work schedule.
- Monitor and maintain essential facilities. (i.e., Steam Boiler, Water Filters etc.)
- Provide a safe and clean environment for brewery tours, events and fellow team members, and daily operations
- Monitor inventory of brewing/filtering supplies, etc.
- To some extent, the following may be required: forklift operations, lining and packing work, on site and off site festival work.
- Coordinate production budgets and schedules while ensuring state and federal compliance.
- Maintain quality, sanitation and safety procedures at all times.
- Promote brewery and beer through marketing and event functions.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional guest service skills required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- AA degree in brewing science or technology or other certification or diploma in brewing from a recognized and accredited program strongly preferred.
- Must have previous experience in a production brewery.
- Knowledge of all of the following-fermentation theory/practice, biochemical/chemical changes in product from raw materials to finished product, bitterness, color and alcohol percentage assays.
- Desire to learn more about brewing theory and technology.
- Must be customer service oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive issues and maintain confidentially with strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain professional, courteous, and effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and outside business contacts
- Learn POS system in use.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class III gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Health Card (Food Worker Card).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) Class 12 Mixologist Permit.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires lifting 55 pounds and move up to 180 pounds regularly, work well with machinery, use a forklift when necessary and be in an ongoing, physical production environment for extended periods of time. Requires repetitive movement with the ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.