Beverage Sales Representative, Remote, Connections Specialist, Growth Opportunity, West Coast
Metta Beverage Inc.
Metta Beverage Inc. is pioneering the beverage industry with products based on adaptogenic herbs. Our flagship product, Metta Natural Awareness Beverage, is an all natural alternative to traditional energy drinks that elevates physical and mental performance. Our mission at Metta is to help people live happier, healthier lives. Our company is built around compassion meaning we want to create a product that helps people. Our company is rapidly growing, incredibly ambitious and passionate about our values. We think the world of our products. Come help us build a happier and healthier world, using a little compassion.
About The Position
At Metta we don’t like to think about spreading Metta as sales. We want to connect as many people to our product and find out if its the right fit for them. We’re looking for ambitious connection specialists to grow into senior connection positions within our company. Preferably 1+ years of sales experience in the beverage industry. The connection specialist will be responsible for opening and maintaining both on-premise and off-premise accounts. We are looking for talent in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. This position will call on accounts in one of the above cities and the surrounding regions.
We are a close-knit hard working team with a compassionate and honest culture. We are looking for someone who is independent, ambitious, great with people, a team player, and committed to work with us on perfecting our model as we scale our business. Our goal is to find someone that shares our vision and ownership of our brand, embraces our entrepreneurial spirit, and can grow with our company.
- Cold calling on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Identify new opportunities and execute distribution targets.
- Develop new accounts and maintain strong relationship with existing accounts.
- Execute sales and merchandising plans to maximize display opportunities.
- Provide updates on sales performance and key opportunities regularly.
- Develop and maintain distributor relationships.
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory.
- Regularly visit prospective and existing accounts to increase volume, increase distribution, monitor price, and fridge/space management.
- Connect our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers.
- Contact key accounts on an ongoing basis to review our brand program priorities.
- Direct accounts in proper and effective merchandising and consumer awareness of brands.
- Set up demos/tastings to increase distribution and build lasting relationships.
- Effectively communicate our brand story, educate store personnel and consumers about the benefits of Metta.
- Attend promotional and marketing events, such as regional trade shows, as needed.
- An entrepreneurial drive and proven 1+ years of field sales experience.
- Sales experience including sourcing new leads and face-to-face selling within the beverage industry is preferred.
- Experience with on-premise sales and distribution.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and good time management ability.
- Considered a "closer" and can provide evidence to support direct sales achievements.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel within “home” state.
- Adapt to changing demands and goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional attitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Car ownership required for travel to meet with accounts, buyers & manage relationships.
- High school diploma, GED.
- College degree is preferred.
Ideal Candidate’s Profile
- Preferably 1-2 years of sales experience within the beverage industry.
- Past work experience with entrepreneurial companies.
- Experience with opening on- and off-premise accounts.
- Compassionate, honest, hardworking and extremely motivated to succeed.
- Outgoing, friendly personality, and a desire to meet new people.
- High sense of urgency, proactive, optimistic, competitive, and resilient personality.
- Flexible schedule: available to work day, night and weekends as needed.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Asana, Slack, Google Suite.
- Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Passionate about Metta’s values.
- Enjoy working in the field and maintaining relationships with customers and prospects.