Regional Sales Manager - West
The ideal candidate will target accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor account managers to achieve superior sales. This is a sales position with one primary focus and multiple responsibilities: identifying new prospects then soliciting, selling and ensuring proper placement of product in retail outlets. The Regional Sales Manager will work develop, strengthen and maximize new and existing opportunities with buyers. The position requires a self-motivated, organized and charismatic person with some beverage sales experience (especially in direct store delivery DSD).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
· Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers
· Complete weekly sales and merchandising calls on all major accounts in assigned territory.
· Increase the brand presence and visibility by restocking, merchandising and creating displays within accounts.
· Manage the sampling and marketing activities in the local market; use creativity and provide insight to develop the best field marketing solutions to promote the brand.
· Maintain, monitor and report inventory levels and identify fast and slow moving SKU's at all accounts.
· Identify accounts that can be maximized with sampling or events and coordinate that execution. Participate at consumer samplings, demos and events to support trial.
· Build displays, market the brand and ensure POS is in the correct spots at all retail opportunities and accounts.
· Present Goldthread updates, programs and stategies to distributor partners.
· Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers; provide product information, tips on sales techniques and volume driver programs.
· Educate account managers on proper and effective merchandising:
o Proper shelf management positions
o Rack, equipment, and POS placements
· Participation in special events, trade shows and other marketing activities on behalf of the brand
· 2+ years' experience in beverage sales.
· Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
· Excellent communication and enthusiasm for the brand.
· Must be organized, responsible and a self-motivator.
· Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
· Track record of success in a highly self-directed environment
· Maintain high level of communication across the team
· Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
· Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise
· Must have a clean driving record, registration and insurance.
· Must be able to use more than basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
A fast-growing company dedicated to bringing super-herbs and spices into the mainstream through a line of delicious and potent plant-based tonics. Our tonics are the real thing, formulated by a clinical herbalist/ acupuncturist with two decades of experience, packed with more than 14 grams of whole herbs and spices per serving, and hand-crafted in small batches. They are truly functional beverages that taste amazing.
Goldthread provides a great work environment for those seeking to join an ambitious, entrepreneurial team focused on developing a high potential brand. This environment provides the opportunity to develop yourself while making an impact on a growing company.